5.27.2011

First of all, I have to say that I can't believe that I'm awake right now. The last day of school begins in 5 hours and I cannot sleep. Lord, give me strength and energy (and plenty of caffeine) to make it through the day. I am kind of like a kid when it comes to big events like the last day of school. I still cannot sleep the night before Christmas, and sometimes the night before my birthday, or Easter, or even right before vacation. I still get excited : ).

It has been a busy week and God is continuing to bless our family so much. Last week I had the opportunity to share this video with some kind and generous businessmen (and women). I would love to share their company name, but I will wait until I have permission. After seeing the video and hearing our story, they bought an entire batch of my soap and then some.



I was also asked to create another custom nursery painting! This time, I will be painting for Jennifer's sister-in-law who is expecting a baby girl. I can't wait to get started. 

I've also been making soap like crazy. I made a batch of Grapefruit soap and decided to try something new. I don't get very creative with my soap making because, well, it's hard. And the few times I have tried to experiment something always goes wrong. Always. I tried to pour it into individual molds (tiny tupperware containers) but the soap cooled too quickly and separated and I ended up with an oily mess on top and a thick layer of chalk on the bottom (known as "separation"--clever, huh?). Then I discovered the process of rebatching, and I heated up my soap-gone-wrong in the crockpot and now it is a beautiful (slightly less pretty) batch of soap.

Well, enough about me. I am sure you are really wanting to hear about the latest Jude news. Where do I start? There is something new everyday. Yesterday he asked for cake. We never have cake, so it was pretty funny. I said, "We don't have any cake." He looked at me, and without missing a beat, said, "Ma's house." I laughed so hard because I can't remember a time we've visited my mom and haven't had cake. We are always celebrating something. I love my family. Mom, I think it's time for a visit : ).

He is also turning into a little fish lately and has been jumping off the diving board at Richard's aunt's house. I have yet to see it, but I can't wait. Although I'm a little scared. I'm admittedly overprotective. He is starting to put so many words together. Richard and I laugh that we understand him less these days because he has so many new words. It is taking us a little while to catch up. He's patient with us, though, and will usually repeat himself a few times before giving up on our comprehension skills.

Well, I am going to attempt to get in at least some sleep before I begin my day with students. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment