1.19.2011

a tree and some snow

Today Janelle came by and picked up her tree painting. She would have received it sooner, but here in Georgia we had what some refer to as "Snowpocalypse 2011" or "Snow Week" 2011. Whatever you want to call it, our record snowfall had most of our state out of school for an entire week. For the Pruitt family, this meant snowboarding in our yard, eating as many yummy meals as possible with no concern for calories, and watching as much tv as possible by the fire. Needless to say, we were sick of food and tv by the 2nd or 3rd day and the snow turned into ice which made our "snowboard" sledding a little less fun. But, nevertheless, we had some great family time on our "Snow"cation.

Yes, those are Kroger bags taped to my child's feet...
I learned it from my mom : )


my two favorite boys
Jude loved his snowboard sled
and kept asking to go
"back back" to the top of the hill

our attempt at a family photo

one of my favorite spots in our backyard-
beautiful in any season


The "snow"cation allowed time for me to put some finishing touches on Janelle's tree painting. And so I present to you the finished piece. The canvas was large, so I had to photograph it in sections in order to show any detail...


And to conclude my post, I'll leave you with a few more photos by this excellent photographer who captured our family's love so perfectly...










No comments:

Post a Comment