2.23.2011

30:30 at 30

I ran the 5K portion of the "Run the Reagan" race on Saturday. I finished in 30 minutes and 30 seconds. It was glorious. It was only my second race. I ran my first 5K this past December in 33 minutes, so my only real goal was to beat that time.


Richard took this cheesy picture of me when I got home (this is not Ronald Reagan Parkway in the background : ). He suggested the pose--I knew better but I gave the thumbs up, anyway. 

I am not athletic. My family is not athletic. But I have always wanted to be a runner. It wasn't until I had some pent-up anxiety during the adoption process that I actually put my feet to the pavement and gave it a real try. And it felt good. When I run, I grin from ear to ear. Just because I can.

After church Saturday night, Richard and I attempted another seemingly impossible task: we went out to eat with our two year old! It's been a while since we've gone out to eat as a family, especially since Jude has become more independent. He kind of likes to do his own thing, when he wants to do it. But, we gave it a try, and it was a great night out. Jude didn't even ask to "go, go" (which translates to "get me the heck out of here and let me go play with my trains!!") the whole time we were eating. 

this is the look he gives when you ask him to smile : )

sharing Daddy's fries--yes, our New Year's Resolution has been 
broken a few times, but so worth it


stealing his daddy's hat

and challenging his daddy to a straw joust

Jude goes for the neck...

but Daddy is too quick : )


2 comments:

  1. congrats on the 5K. i used to run and loved it so much- i don't know why i stopped. but i know why you love it....... proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Susan! It really is such a great stress-reliever! It was so good to see you this weekend!! Hope you had a safe trip back! Love you : )

    ReplyDelete