4.08.2011

spring break 2011


I thought it would be fun to blog about each day of our spring break experience. I had the grand idea that I would blog each day, but seeing how it's already Friday it looks like I'll be cramming our fun into one long blog post! I hope you enjoy...

Since I was off the Friday before the break, we kicked things off with a trip to the Atlanta Zoo.



I think I may have been more excited than Jude


Jude's buddy "Bops" joined us 
(aka Richard's dad)


Jude posed for a picture

or two


he was pretty excited about petting this guy


but not so much this one...


or this one


despite his expression, he LOVED the train ride--
he was just REALLY ready for a nap


On Saturday and Sunday...
Richard, "Bops" and Jude started preparing the ground for our first garden.




have I mentioned how much Jude loves dirt?


I mean, REALLY loves dirt.



was I nervous about having this big digging 
machine in my front yard? absolutely


and I was equally nervous about how our yard 
would look in the aftermath, but it looks pretty cool--
"after" picture coming soon

On Monday...
we went to the park.

I.

love.

this.

kid.

On Tuesday...
I can't remember what we did, 
but I'm sure that it was fun : ).

On Wednesday...
we blew bubbles.



this has to be one of my all-time favorite pictures. ever.





On Thursday...
we made a big trip to the post office for some monumental mailing.


Yep. It's official. We've started the adoption process once again! We know we have a long journey ahead of us, but we're excited to begin : ).

And, last but not least, I present to you our son's most recent discovery. I noticed him doing this yesterday as he was organizing (yes, he sorts things out and organizes them by common colors, styles, etc...) some markers. He stepped back from his line-up of markers, put his finger to his chin, and then shook his head. We call it: his "thinking" face. Don't forget to turn off the music player at the top so you can hear!




3 comments:

  1. this was a post about all my favorite things: Jude, the zoo, dirt, The Pruitts, and more Jude. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet! Miss you guys! Can't wait to see y'all tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete